Skip to content
Curtin University
New Curtin University Enterprise Agreement

Bargaining Representatives

Employees who will be covered by a proposed enterprise agreement have the right to appoint a bargaining representative to represent them in bargaining for the agreement. The employee may appoint themselves or another person as their bargaining representative by notifying the employer in writing.

Under section 176 of the Fair Work Act, where an employee does not appoint a person as their bargaining representative, a union is the default bargaining representative if the employee is a member of the union and the union is entitled to represent the industrial interests of the employee in relation to work that will be performed under the proposed enterprise agreement.

Further information on bargaining representatives is available on the Fair Work website.